Employment Development Department
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is part of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency of the executive branch of the State of California. EDD offers a variety of services to millions of Californians under the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workforce Investment, and Labor Market Information programs. One of the largest California state departments, EDD has nearly 10,000 employees providing services at more than 400 locations. EDD employees provide many services, including:
- Assisting California employers in meeting their labor needs.
- Helping California job seekers obtain employment.
- Administering the federally funded workforce investment programs for adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- Assisting the disadvantaged and welfare-to-work recipients to become self-sufficient.
- Helping unemployed and disabled workers by administering the Unemployment Insurance and Disability Insurance programs.
- Supporting state activities and benefit programs by collecting and administering employment-related taxes.
- Providing comprehensive labor market information.
- Find an Employment Development Department near you:
What is CalWORKS' Welfare to Work program?
Learn about the different steps to finding a new job, switching careers, or simply learn how to network within your field: http://jobsearch.about.com/
Getting Back to Work
CAREER ADVICE & JOB SEARCH SITES
(Because of state law, for-profit job websites cannot be listed.)
- EDD's Online Job Center
- California Career Zone
- O*Net Online
- Cal Jobs
- Public Sector Jobs
- Resume Help
- California Apprenticeship Coordinators Association
- Apprenticeship Program Searchable Database
- Veterans Employment-Related Assistance Program
- Careers in Public Education
MAKING ENDS MEET
- Unemployed CA Residents -- Information & Referrals
- State Unemployment Benefits & Claims
- Federal & State Cobra Health Insurance Coverage
- State Medi-Cal Program
- We Connect: Linking You to Money Saving Programs and Services
- Keep Your Home California
- HUD Resources for Avoiding Foreclosure
- HOPE Now Support & Guidance for Homeowners
- Apply for Cal Fresh Food Assistance Program
- Earned Income Tax Credit for Low and Moderate Income Workers