COVID-19 Community Resources
The California Assembly is actively working with Governor Newsom to protect public health, slow the spread of, and alleviate hardships caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our office remains open to continue serving residents while our state’s Department of Public Health, the Health and Human Services Agency, and the Office of Emergency Services engage in regular contact with the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and are closely monitoring the outbreak.
The State of California has launched a dedicated coronavirus (COVID-19) response website: covid19.ca.gov. Official updates may also be found at the California Department of Public Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Please contact either our Coachella (760) 347-2360 or Imperial (760) 355-8656 District Offices with any questions, for help making connections to local resources or to check eligibility for state assistance.
The health, safety, and well-being of our community is our highest priority. We are all in this together! Everyone’s participation is important. We all play a critical role in keeping California healthy and saving lives.
State of California
Para obtener información en español, visite nuestra página del Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The California Department of Aging Senior Information Line: (800) 510-2020
California FREE Information Sharing Program, Call: 211 for connections to food, housing, job assistance and more
NEW: Have you lost your job? OnwardCA is an initiative of companies, foundations, and humans to get California workers displaced by COVID-19 essential life services and back to work as quickly as possible.
Apply/Check your Eligibility for CalWORKS -Cash Assistance, CalFresh - Food and Nutrition, or Medi-Cal Health Care programs
If your job or work hours have been impacted by COVID-19 you may qualify for either Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family Leave, Paid Sick Leave, Disability Insurance or Workers Compensation.
Labor and Workforce Development Agency Guidance for Employers and Workers.
- California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program (via IBank) $50 million in state funding, providing potential capital for individuals who do not qualify for federal funds.
Federal small business stimulus programs:
The California Attorney General
- Rights for Tenants Affected by COVID-19
- Price Gouging is illegal in all California communities when a state of emergency is declared. If you think you’ve been the victim of price gouging, or has information regarding potential price gouging, you can file a complaint with the Attorney General Office by calling (800) 952-5225. More consumer information.
State of California Franchise Tax Board: All California taxpayers (individuals and businesses) the deadline for filing California tax returns has been extended to July 15, 2020.
E-File Help Desk: (916) 845-0353
- Governor announces the availability of 12 month payment plans for small businesses.
- Most small businesses now have until July 31, 2020 to file first quarter returns, due to the Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Order.
Questions about filing, extensions, relief, and more: (800) 400-7115
- California is in a State of Emergency, DMV offices are temporarily closed to the public and appointments are currently not available. Check the Online Services page for ways to complete your DMV business.
- The Federal Government will begin enforcing REAL ID on October 1, 2021 (one year later than previously announced).
AD 56 Community
Connection to local information and resources
U.S. Federal Government
Please EMAIL to share or suggest additional resources.