Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee Chair, Eduardo Garcia, Holds Hearing on Equitable Parks and Outdoor Access and the Impact of COVID-19
(Sacramento, CA) – On Tuesday, March 2, Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella), Chair of the Assembly Committee on Water, Parks, and Wildlife, has called a special informational hearing to discuss access to parks and open spaces in California. The hearing will evaluate the state’s outdoor recreational needs, the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and ways to ensure safe and equitable access to parks and open spaces for all.
Water, Parks, and Wildlife Informational Hearing - Access to Parks and Open Spaces in California: COVID-19, other challenges, and future needs.
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia, Chair, Assembly Committee on Water, Parks, and Wildlife
- Assembly Committee on Water, Parks, and Wildlife members
Panelists will include:
- Armando Quintero, Director, California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Norma Edith García-González, Director, County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation and the Los Angeles County Regional Parks and Open Space District
- Belinda Faustinos, Executive Director, Nature for All
- Kindley Walsh Lawlor, President and CEO, Parks California
- Other experts
9:30 am; Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Written testimony can be submitted in advance of the hearing by visiting the committee website. Public comment will also be accepted by phone during the informational hearing. Instructions to leave a public comment by phone will be shared at the beginning of the hearing.